This little history of Methodism in Dun Laoghaire is a series of highlights in the collective life of the church, produced for the 150th anniversary in 1986 by Mr Harry Forsyth. Harry was a local preacher for 60 years and he passed away in 2004 having reached his 100th Birthday.
1836 The opening of the first church on the present site.
1904 The completion of the present building.
1957 The opening of a major extension.
Part 3: The modern era
The growth of the church in Dun Laoghaire
The consolidation of the congregations from Dalkey and Blackrock Methodist Churches.
History of Methodism in Ireland by C.H. Crookshank.
Pioneer Preachers of Irish Methodism by Robert H. Gallalgher.
Mrs M. Kelly of Methodist Historical Society.
Dun Laoghaire Kingstown by Peter Pearson.